I don’t know about you, but I’ve dealt with acne since about the age of thirteen. It was never a fun thing to go through especially as I was entering my teenage years. It gave me anxiety and destroyed my confidence and it was an extremely hard thing to go through as a teenager, but I dealt with it because what other choice did I have? No matter what I did nothing helped. I tried every product out there and not one product had an impact on my skin. It was worse when acne started to break out on my skin but fortunately, it got better when I was 16/17, but it got a little more moderate as I entered my adolescent years, that’s when I knew I had to do something about it. I told myself that the last thing I would do was visit a doctor because I wanted to do it on my own. Little did I know about the skin…
Research, research, research!
I did a lot of research and read a lot from books, magazines, articles… you name it. I can’t say that I found the solution straight away. Of course, I went through trial and error but up until 8 months ago, I found the solution(s) that changed everything and that’s why I’m here to help anyone out there that is going through the same thing I went through.
PSA: Understand that acne starts internally. This is something I never grasped onto because I saw it ONLY as an external problem and tried to use topical beauty products to fix it. Acne can be both an internal and external problem or it can be caused by either. It’s a symptom of a deeper imbalance in the body…that’s why you have to tackle it internally first. I don’t want to forget to mention that, during the first 3 months of taking these supplements, my skin got worse before it got before it got better…I believe it was at it’s purging stage and I almost gave up but I didn’t! So don’t be discouraged if you don’t see results right away. It takes time!
External reflects internal.
Sure, acne can be caused by using a creams/lotions on your face, wearing makeup, not cleansing your face thoroughly…heck even not changing your pillowcase frequently but if it’s been a problem for longer than it probably should be then it’s most likely an internal problem.
Before we get to the nitty gritty, let me give you a little round-up of my skin. I don’t want to fabricate anything and say I had extremely severe acne because I didn’t and I’ve seen far worse. But I would say that it was pretty bad for me. I was left with years and years of scarring and blemishes from acne. I have combination skin, so I’m oily in some parts of my skin, and normal in other parts. My skin is prone to scarring very easily.
What I used: (Internally)
- Parasite Cleanse – A detox cleanse that flushes out toxins and waste from the intestinal gut. (I have linked everything used below!
- Vitamin C – A great antioxidant that promotes the health of the immune system and helps to promote the healing, growth, and repair of tissues throughout the body Important for the production of collagen, which helps to create new skin, form scar tissue
- Evening Primrose Oil – Has been used for skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, and acne, by helping to regulate hormones.
- Lysine – An amino acid that supports the production of collagen and elastin in the skin.
- Vitamin A – One of the best-known vitamins for skin health. It reduces the excess amount of oil your skin produces which also reduces pore clogging.
(The specific supplements I used are linked below! Just click.)
- Pure Aloe Vera Gel (Moisturizer) – An anti-inflammatory. Helps to repair skin cells and heal inflamed skin.
- Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castille Liquid Soap – Peppermint (Face Wash) – Free of synthetics and preservatives. Certified organic. Non – GMO.
- Apple Cider Vinegar (Toner) – Balances the skin’s PH levels and helps to fight acne pimples and blemishes. I would strongly suggest that you dilute the ACV as it’s highly acidic.
- Vitamin C Facial Serum – Helps to increase hydration in the skin leaving you with smooth moist skin.
- Organic Sunscreen – The reason I use organic sunscreen is because regular sunscreens usually contain chemicals. You want to stay clear from sunscreens that have these ingredients: Oxybenzone, Octinoxate, Homosalate, Octisalate, Octocrylene, and Avobenzone.
I still use all products mentioned in this post. Oh, and I want to add that my health, as well as my skin, benefits from taking the supplements. But I also drink lots of water and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Don’t ever neglect that! If anyone is interested in my full skincare routine I would be more than happy to share that!
Disclaimer: I am in no way a skin specialist/doctor or in any kind of position to tell anyone what to take or what not to take for their skin/health. Always consult your physician before taking anything. This general information is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace your healthcare professional. This was simply my own personal experience that I’m sharing with you.
Thank you for reading loves!